Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Revit Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cpennetti
804 Views, 4 Replies

Connect to Revit Problem

So the help of InfraWorks says that i need to have 2014 of Revit installed to see teh option to connection to a .rvt file, but i just installed the 2014 Revit trial, and didnt see the option.  i then reinstalled InfraWorks, and still not seeing, and then reset the computer, got a snack, and still didnt see it.  Am i missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The Revit import functionality is only available in InfraWorks part of the Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate. Have you activated InfaWorks as part of the Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate?

Heiko Meyerdirks
Senior Manager, Engineering
AEC Design-BID-Infrastructure
Message 3 of 5
cpennetti
in reply to: cpennetti

ugh.  no, i was testing it as part of a class i'm taking, using an educational set of tools, and i didnt see a suite offered from the education side.

My main questions is what benefit of the Revit connection is... does it allow me to click on building parts and see object properties of a door or toilet, or is it just a better connection a FBX type object, as one large mass?

Message 4 of 5
leaf.li

FBX are some meshes with no properties data. So lots of data are lost in FBX files. RVT is a model file with properties.So Revit connection can make subselection and displaying properties possible. However, it isn't supported in Revit 2014 yet. Hope it is coming soon.
Message 5 of 5
davidh2

Why would it not be also part of Building Design Suite Ultimate (where I have both Revit and InfraWorks).  

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report