Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the roof form?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
xander_ist
1195 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the roof form?

I was wondering if it is possible to change the roof form. The hip roofs look nice, but actually i need saddle roofs for my model.

Does somebody know if it is possible?

And if not. Is there an easy way how I could map the ground surface under the building on top of it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I guess with "map the ground surface under the building on top" you mean an aerial image drapped onto the terrain surface, right?

Both features you are requesting are not yet supported...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 5
k.lew
in reply to: xander_ist

is this still the case? wondering the same thing...would really like a way to make my roofs saddle instead of hip roofs.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey

Assuming you have Infrastructure Design Suite Premium, it's very fast to outline a building and add your roof using the included Revit Structure. InfraWorks will import the .rvt file.

Or use SketchUp to model the building, import into 3ds Max Design, export to .3ds and import that into InfraWorks. If you have the newest Infraworks 360 you can import the SketchUp model directly just like you would do with rvt.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
k.lew

hmm, I see.  As it so happens, I do not have Infrastructure Design suite.  neither of these solutions are really viable for me though, I have 3000+ buildings that I just set the roof slope for in configuration...Infraworks needs an easy setting to switch the sloped roofs from hip to saddle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report