InfraWorks General

Distinguished Contributor
Matt__W
Message 1 of 6 (345 Views)

Can't edit road (or anything else)

345 Views, 5 Replies
12-10-2013 11:21 AM

I just downloaded the SF sample model and was going through some of the online video tutorials and came to a road block.  I can't seem to select a road (or anything else for that matter) to edit it or look at it's profile.  Admittedly I also recently had AIW installed so I'm not up to speed with everything yet so....  What's the trick to being able to select and ultimately edit ANYTHING?  :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance!

Matt

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” ~ Alvin Toffler
Matt__W
Message 2 of 6 (329 Views)

Re: Can't edit road (or anything else)

12-11-2013 05:10 AM in reply to: Matt__W

So it appears to have something to do with the fact that it's the downloaded SF sample model and that it's "connected to online model".  I created a new model and was able to modify things as I had expected.  So the question now is.... is there a way to "break" the link from the sample model but maintain all of the data locally?

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” ~ Alvin Toffler
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 6 (320 Views)

12-11-2013 06:20 AM in reply to: Matt__W

go to the collaborate tab and click on disconnect model

Matt__W
Message 4 of 6 (309 Views)

12-11-2013 06:34 AM in reply to: DarrenP
Hmmm.... still can't edit a road that I just modeled. Even after disconnecting the model, save as (to create a new, disconnected model), add road, can't edit. And just for ha-ha's, I even closed/reopened, added new road and still can't edit. I'm not getting any of the grips. Soooo.... what's going on?
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 5 of 6 (304 Views)

12-11-2013 07:14 AM in reply to: Matt__W

do you have any other files you can test?

it might be something with file

i can't select any of the roads either in the San Fran model but i can select roads in other infraworks models

Matt__W
Message 6 of 6 (291 Views)

12-12-2013 06:02 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Alright... I figured it out.  The surface layers were LOCKED.  I had to unlock them, then I could modify roads, buildings, etc...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community