Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit road (or anything else)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Matt__W
1733 Views, 9 Replies

Can't edit road (or anything else)

I just downloaded the SF sample model and was going through some of the online video tutorials and came to a road block.  I can't seem to select a road (or anything else for that matter) to edit it or look at it's profile.  Admittedly I also recently had AIW installed so I'm not up to speed with everything yet so....  What's the trick to being able to select and ultimately edit ANYTHING?  🙂

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Matt__W
in reply to: Matt__W

So it appears to have something to do with the fact that it's the downloaded SF sample model and that it's "connected to online model".  I created a new model and was able to modify things as I had expected.  So the question now is.... is there a way to "break" the link from the sample model but maintain all of the data locally?

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP

go to the collaborate tab and click on disconnect model

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Matt__W
in reply to: DarrenP

Hmmm.... still can't edit a road that I just modeled. Even after disconnecting the model, save as (to create a new, disconnected model), add road, can't edit. And just for ha-ha's, I even closed/reopened, added new road and still can't edit. I'm not getting any of the grips. Soooo.... what's going on?

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

do you have any other files you can test?

it might be something with file

i can't select any of the roads either in the San Fran model but i can select roads in other infraworks models

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Matt__W
in reply to: DarrenP

Alright... I figured it out.  The surface layers were LOCKED.  I had to unlock them, then I could modify roads, buildings, etc...

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 10
tamtvd

Hi,

i'm not sure why but my Model Explorer is turning on for all layer, i still can not select Roads

Message 8 of 10

The same thing happened to me too... And it is not the first time. The annoying thing is I do not know what I did to cause it. I can not edit anything... not a component road, railway, city furniture, intersection, NOTHING! I can select an entity and see what it is in the properties, but it would not allow me to edit any features.

BUT I think I found a solution by accident... I deleted a vehicle and placed a new one. And all works normal again. I think the act of creating a new feature solved the issue. I hope this can help someone.

Message 9 of 10

Hi @christian.vanderberg ,

the only other reason for you issue I can think of is, that you have switched off the "Edit Mode".
Can you double check it the next time you experience the issue?

2019-06-28_1233.png

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 10 of 10

Hi Karsten

I thought that was the issue too, but my edit mode was switched on.

I went back to a previous which had a similar problem... Edit mode was switched on there too. I could select and edit features such as buildings etc, but the component road I was unable to edit. I created a new intersection on the road and deleted it again... that solved the problem with the model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report