Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buggy geolocations!

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
knurrebusk
737 Views, 2 Replies

Buggy geolocations!

I sometime have problems if make a mistake with wrong georeference for a file, and need exit the project to reload it for the main terrain to appear!

It´s mainly small google earth stuff, that holds the WGS84 thing, and project terrain is way different as natrual.

There is no reason this should offset the whole projectworld into needing reset it All though!, if so make a deasent faq.

I could fill endless pages of the wonderful brilliant parts of this great tool, but I´m feeling a little bit constrained with the lack of a unlock from geolocation thing if IM don´t like the world file, good thing is I finally caved in and make my own, and it works perfect.

But!, many customers will want´s to drag stuff from Google Earth etc! for consecptual planning, as a placeholder for heavy detailed files later, so why not let it be possible to disassotiate/place as with fbx files?

But I do understand it´s a dangerous pit to fall in if you don´t keep track of the loose papers imported he he.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cjandrews22
in reply to: knurrebusk

Hi,

You should be able to do one of the following:

1. Remove the file from your model

2. Push F5 to regenerate the whole model

3. Re import the file with the right coordinate system

or 

1. Correct the coordinate system on the file

2. Push F5 to regenerate the whole model

You should not have to exit every time.

Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
Message 3 of 3
knurrebusk
in reply to: cjandrews22

Thanks!

Solution added to my tips folder, in case I forget 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report