Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign color to building types

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
s.rhyne
969 Views, 3 Replies

Assign color to building types

I have a shapefile that contains fields for land use type, building height, and roof slope. I've imported the shapefile and assigned the height and and roof slope just fine but I'm trying to assign a specific color to land use type (i.e. single family, multi-family, commercial, etc). I can manually select buildings and change their colors but Ideally this would be part of a style rule. I've been digging for information on creating custom styles and I haven't found what I need. I'm hoping someone can guide me in this task. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lippola
in reply to: s.rhyne

Hi there, 

to color your buildigns according to your attributes you can do two things:

Style Rules:

Create a new rule and enter a expression "color" = red, blue or whatever is stored in you shape file

Close teh expression editor and go to material and select a color.

Done

Now you need to create a rule for every color.

During import:

Make sure your attribute collumn contains the colors in this way xFF0000FF, etc....

In the import dialog select the attribute within the drop down list of the roof type or base color.

you can create different settings in your import dialog via script:

you need to map your attribute to a field like description if it is a string for example.

if( BUILDINGS.DESCRIPTION = "your attribute") 
{
BUILDINGS.BASE_COLOR = "xFFFFFF00";

Hope this helps

Andreas

Message 3 of 4
drazen-ars

I think that solution is feature themes.

In configuration when import, map your object data (type, purpose, whatever, ...) to let's say field description. You can than make feature theme based on that value, as shown in attached pictures.

Is that what you want?

Regards,

Drazen

Message 4 of 4
s.rhyne

So I created a color land use field in my shapefile and it worked perfectly. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report