InfraWorks General

Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 1 of 7 (551 Views)

Android viewer for IW?

551 Views, 6 Replies
06-14-2013 03:51 PM

I thought there was a mobil viewer for IW models, is it hidden in the 360 mobile app or something?

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 2 of 7 (537 Views)

Re: Android viewer for IW?

06-15-2013 09:47 AM in reply to: jmaeding

Infraworks 360 is only available for the iPad, ONLY.  Not the iPhone or Android, as of yet.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

HS_HBadvies
Message 3 of 7 (364 Views)

11-04-2013 05:37 AM in reply to: TRogers
"As of yet..."

So does that mean an Android app will be available in the foreseeable future?
We have company-android-tablets running
*Expert Elite*
neilyj
Message 4 of 7 (341 Views)

11-06-2013 05:07 AM in reply to: HS_HBadvies

I imagine they'll be working on this to the detriment of bug fixes in Civil 3D...:smileyfrustrated:

neilyj
(No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

IDSP Premium 2015 (mainly Civil 3D 2015 UKIE & Infraworks with some limited 3ds Max Design)
Win 7 Pro x64, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
32Gb Ram Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.6GHz (32 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell T5610
jmaeding
Message 5 of 7 (329 Views)

11-06-2013 08:06 AM in reply to: neilyj

Actually, the pursuit of DOT's is the thing in the way of other stuff.

Its sad because instead of fixing the core issues with C3d that make production difficult, they instead try to find new customers who supposedly will be ok with the product as is.

Until they address these things, C3D will be a shadow trying to solidify:

1) Share items via external database instead of fragile xref or heavy, chatty and odd data reference objects.

2) Make data detachment fail gracefully. Callouts must stay as they were until parent data link is re-established.

3) Treat pipes as based on alignments and profiles like roads. Chopping up pipes at PI's/PVI's is not civil engineering, and never was.

4) Realize that what designers need most is a published schema of various real civil objects, so editing interfaces can be re-used accross Autodesk products. Instead every team wants to re-invent the road, pipe, structure...Do not make things so fancy they cannot be described by a schema and shared between products. Forget pipe rules if necessary at start.

They get those fixed, and the private development world business will eclipse DOT seats like, well the sun does to the moon.

I personally feel Autodesk does not have the vision to solve these issues before other parties do. Pursuing DOT's and not fixing certain bugs and things you would think any vendor would jump on, is unfortunate for both sides IMO. The business leaders at Autodesk seem to be overwhelmed by their own claim to BIM and do not realize the foundation needs to be fixed.

*Expert Elite*
neilyj
Message 6 of 7 (325 Views)

11-06-2013 08:11 AM in reply to: jmaeding
I suppose new customers = $$$$$$$

Civil 3D and BIM should never appear in a sentence together unless separated by "is not"....:smileywink:
neilyj
(No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

IDSP Premium 2015 (mainly Civil 3D 2015 UKIE & Infraworks with some limited 3ds Max Design)
Win 7 Pro x64, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
32Gb Ram Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.6GHz (32 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell T5610
jmaeding
Message 7 of 7 (318 Views)

11-06-2013 09:27 AM in reply to: neilyj

You noticed the BIM descrepency too? :smileyhappy:

Its not just new customers that create income, its keeping existing.

Autodesk must be holding their breath on this BIM issue.

I'm not far from specializing my alignment program so it makes what I consider BIM qualifying objects.

You don't have to make things super connected and smart, just have the ability to show in 3d, decent editing interface, and properties/behavior civil engineers would want.

I hear people say every agency is different and country, it does not matter. We all use alignments and profiles to describe things, and the stuff I have now would cover any design situation I know of in the US, except things involving spirals.

I need to group stuff better and allow updating of callouts though. Updating is not just making things dynamic, its making checking tools to help the user catch non-dynamic stuff or things that use wrong formulas. You fool a designer and they go back to hand drafting on the computer - uh, wonder how many firms do that given the C3D platform. A whole lot.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community