Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more visual effects?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
randyspear6624
513 Views, 5 Replies

more visual effects?

Is there a way to get more visual effects? For example, the 3d wireframe, rendered, conceptual, etc from C3D?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Currently, there are only a few options like these in InfraWorks. You do have the option to view the project as triangles, and under Visual Effects> Colorize> there is an option for Grayscale and Sepia. There isn't a way to add to these in InfraWorks.

You can export your InfraWorks model as an FBX, then import into 3ds Max Design and use the “Stylized” options for (Graphite, Pastel, Color Ink, etc).

Out of curiosity, how would you use these styles in InfraWorks? What would be your hoped for end result?

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 6

I was making some walkthoughs of and FG surface but I had to use the wireframe because you can't see the terrain very well with the other setting.

Are these to programs typically intended to be used together? I like the speed of infoworks but since I'm typically using civil 3d outputs, it's not the greatest if you need to show multiple surfaces and differentiate.

Message 4 of 6

Currently, InfraWorks only have the ability to handle 1 surface at a time for any given area [vertically]. Meaning you cannot use InfraWorks to "stack" surfaces like you can in Civil 3D to generate cut/fill volumes, surface comparisons, etc. In Infraworks, multiple surfaces will 'blend' and one [EG or FG] will win out, and the other will no longer be available. This is not to say you cannot have multiple surfaces in a single InfraWorks project, just that there can be no overlapping of surfaces.

Willy Campbell
Message 5 of 6

yeah, i see that... I probably won't be using it for preliminary design as I assume it's intended but with a little more upfront work in civil 3d I'll be able to make better use out of it.

Message 6 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

No doubt this will appear as a 360 subscription add on....;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report