Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing trees

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j.mom
1334 Views, 3 Replies

importing trees

Hi,

I have a shape file with areas that represent the location of groups of trees. I would like to import these areas and assign medium density groups of trees to these areas. Is it possible to import trees by using areas, or can it only be done by using points? I have tried to import the shape file, but what happens, is that for each area only one tree is created.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse Mom

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: j.mom

Hi,

should be possible. Look to my video, I attached a SDF (I think it's not relevant if it's a SDF or SHP), set the properties to be a tree-theme, and ... nothing (or some trees as you mentioned).
Then I modified the table-properties for the density and the variance ... well, I got them 😉

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
j.mom

Thanks a lot! I didn't know how to fill the table, but it is clear now.

Jesse

Message 4 of 4
jutters

Actually, you shouldn't need a two step process here. Similar to what Alfred suggested simply do the following:

1. Choose your polygon shape file to import as tree areas.

2. Configure the import as usual but on the "Table" page

2.a. choose a 3D Model style representing your Vegetation or City Furniture for the "Rule Style" property (can also be done on the first page)

2.b. set your values for "Object Spacing" and "Object Spacing Variance" controlling the distribution of your inserted 3d models
3. Close&Refresh (aka Import)

Done 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report