Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign white building base color

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ouspensky
1023 Views, 4 Replies

assign white building base color

I need to color all the buildings white for a massing study.  rule styles only let me pick a facade theme not a material and facade themes seem to involve manually editing a JSON file which I don't want to do.

I tried copying the color code in the "Base COLOR" on the configure panel.  but that didn't work either.  so how can I specify a constant base color?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
daniel.bruce
in reply to: ouspensky

Using 'xFFFFFFFF' should give you a white colour, but my model still looks a little grey/brown but it might just be the shading. Using a block colour like red or blue looked better in my model. 

I pasted the colour code into the rule style, base colour and roof material of the 'data source configuration'. Someone might be able to better explain the difference between each field!

Dan

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

>> Using 'xFFFFFFFF' should give you a white colour, but my model still looks a little grey/brown

Whatever color something has, turn off/dim down the light and you won't see the "theoretical color", so that makes it more clear about the grey instead of bright white.

Now the sun is light yellow during the day, during nightfall it turns to something like more red. So that is one reason why white materials don't look "clean", but more colorized, the other reason is some environment ... depending on reflectivity (even it's just a minimum) can also turn a clean color to something different from that.

Hopefully that is understandable, at least we always wanted "realistic rendering" ... now we got it! 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
dbehner
in reply to: ouspensky

I have also been trying to do the same thing. If I could add a color to the theme I could use the style.

Message 5 of 5
mzjensen
in reply to: daniel.bruce

@daniel.bruce wrote:

Using 'xFFFFFFFF' should give you a white colour, but my model still looks a little grey/brown but it might just be the shading.

The tint is the result of coloration from the sun. You can toggle this off in the Visualization settings (see attached). Some sides of the building will still have a gray color because of shadows. I don't think there is a way to change that without changing the date/time so that the sun is directly overhead.

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report