Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual red display line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
s.rhyne
1070 Views, 4 Replies

Unusual red display line

I inserted a shapefile for my roads and assigned a common style for all roads. One of the corridors will extend to create a new bridge crossing. I created a new roadway connection and split the line where the bridge will begin and end. However, I have these red jagged lines that seem to represent the edge of roadway and dashed centerline. I'm not sure how to remove them. I've attached a snapshot to better explain what they look like. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.rhyne
in reply to: s.rhyne

And this is using AIM 2013 in case anyone is wondering. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
s.rhyne

When I edit the roadways from the imported shapefile, I get the red lines too. I have provided a before and after photo to help with the illustration. Thanks.

Before.JPGAfter.JPG

Message 4 of 5
s.rhyne

So I kind of feel silly but I'm not sure why these red lines even exist or what is their purpose. I just happen to select the "Explore Model" button and the red lines dissappeared. If I select the "Create/Edit Features" button they reappear. Problem solved.

Message 5 of 5
jutters

Exactly, these red lines represent 2d edit mark-ups which get projected onto your model terrain (and thus can appear jaggy depending on the rasterization of the markup and the amplitude of the underlying terrain). So they appear only in edit mode for a selected feature (e.g. road) or for all of your manually added/edited features if you switch to the 2d sketch display in the "Proposals" Explorer.

Regards,

Sascha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report