Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimming Terrain

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schmidtj
1132 Views, 4 Replies

Trimming Terrain

I seem to get more terrain visible then I import. I'd like to use model properties extent to trim. I've tried inputting values in state plane as well as loading from file (tif & sdf). I get a message that the given extents does not intersectthe defined boundaries of the model coordinate system. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
knurrebusk
in reply to: schmidtj

I´m a newbie for sure, normally do architecture, but if make sure everything fit in your base data, with the core terrain data, tihings line up, and import nicely into perfecly!

I do my own geolocation files on sat data, in Qgis, aligned with the geotiff, or Dem so on.

If play buy the rules IM is a very powerful tool, I would love to se more of it in Civil3d, and Revit on the opposite side.

Test out the geolocations that work for your area, then alternative is do it yourself!, it´s fun to do in a weird way 🙂

IM will funk perfect if you take control of the core logic, don´t fight it he he.

I have to vote for most powerful software ever from the Lab.

I was not a fanboy, but is becomeing one.

You can force imported data to behave, but it´s not a smart sollution in the long run, if huge areas involved.

I can post a ver of Wellington offset by 10m, but perfect where I want it to be, pitfall later down the line.

Message 3 of 5
cjandrews22

Hmm... can you send me the file that you are working with along with a screencapture showing the area that you are trying to trim to?  I suspect a bug here.

Send the data to infrastructure.modeler.support@autodesk.com

Thanks!
Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
Message 4 of 5
mbkdewi

Dear Chris, and everyone. 

I'm a new user of IM.. And would like to know whether it's possible to trim the terrain from IM only? If so, how to do it Because I can not access to AutoCAD or Revit, or any other software. 

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Message 5 of 5
cjandrews22
in reply to: mbkdewi

Hi!

At this time, it is not possible to trim the terrain in IM directly.

You could, however, set a project extent:

File --> Model Properties

This will allow you to set a rectangular extent for your model that constrains the generated model area.  So your actual imported model data may be much larger, but the displayed extent of the model will be limited. 

I hope this helps,

Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report