Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template in Infraworks

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
drazen-ars
670 Views, 1 Reply

Template in Infraworks

I am playing with a bit with Infraworks. For preparing fast presentations found out that collection of symbols, road styles, materials ... are not organized in a way to use it fast. So I managed my own styles (basically copy and change the name to be on the top of the list). For some items through style palette I created new folders with most frequently used symbols. With that I decrease searching through long lists of symbols and items.

But I had opinion that I am doing the reorganization on the application level, but it is not the case. Everything what I did is saved on model base. Means, when I started new model, everything is again default.

The next idea is to find if there is any kind of template, but cannot find. So the only way, what I found for a while is to preserve the empty model with small customization, open it, use command for copying the opened model to the other one (kind of save as) and to continue work.

Does anybody found the other way of working?

Drazen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: drazen-ars

Once you've made the new styles in a project, you can go to the Style tab and export those styles to a file. Once back in another project, those styles can be imported from the .json file that was made when you exported.

I agree, the process could be better, but it's not too big a deal.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report