Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a file

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Harold_Alberto
1244 Views, 10 Replies

Recover a file

Is there a way to recover a corrupt infraworks file?

I was working on a model that crashed while I was changing road styles.  When I opened the model back again, I get the error report window.  I have already restarted the PC.  Opening a different model is fine.  

Is there a backup file created similar to the .bak file for dwg files?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Infraworks does not use a "file" per se.  It's a database.  Not sure how it could have gotten corrupt.  

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11

What is the error you are getting?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 11

It doesn't give any details of the error.  It goes straight to the Error Report sending window after a second or 2 of clicking the model.  It just says "A software problem has caused Autodesk Infraworks 2014 R2 to close unexpectedly"

The error log:

161 [3824]: main.cpp(165): info: logging started in: C:/Users/Harold-Mao/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/InfraWorks 2014 R2/logs/AIM_2013-10-22_20-08-44_0000.log
163 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(706): info: init application locale using: 'en-US'
171 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(825): info: Using resource data folder: C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/InfraWorks 2014 R2/Resources
171 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(835): info: Using user data folder: D:/Harold-Mao/My Documents/Autodesk InfraWorks Models
1113 [3824]: Core.cpp(41): info: using GDAL data path: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/InfraWorks 2014 R2/\gdal_data
1253 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(461): info: AlxApplication: Initialized!
4244 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_CommentsFeed.aimplugin.dll
4432 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_PathOptimizationUI.aimplugin.dll
4716 [3824]: ActionManager.cpp(50): warn: Action 'ID_Window_ProfileView' has already been registered -- will replace.
4717 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_RoadsHighwaysUi.aimplugin.dll
4727 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_RT.aimplugin.dll
4734 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_Scenario.aimplugin.dll
4848 [3824]: AlxApplication.cpp(602): info: Loaded plugin: AIM_Service.aimplugin.dll

Message 5 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: Harold_Alberto

Same is happening to me

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 11
Harold_Alberto
in reply to: neilyj666

Neil,

What caused the crash?

I had one again today just changing a road style from the properties palette.  Previously I was drag and dropping a road style from the Style Pallette to the proposed road.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 11

I found this thread and followed the steps but didn't work.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/InfraWorks/crash-on-start-up-corrupt-file/td-p/3932402

Message 8 of 11

If you manage to get your model fixed somehow please let us know. My model corrupted earlier today when my pc bluescreened and i've lost a lot of work because of it.

Message 9 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: Harold_Alberto

I'm not sure - I just deleted it all and started again...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 10 of 11
stevebatchelder
in reply to: neilyj666

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I am having the same problem. My crash happened when I was tying to add a data source. Now every time I try to open that model Infraworks crashes. 

I have tried logging out, shutting down, opening on another computer, and the process described in: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/InfraWorks-General/crash-on-start-up-corrupt-file/td-p/3932402 but nothing has worked.

I'm about ready to recreate the model unless anyone has a solution.

Steve Batchelder
Civil 3D 2018, Infraworks 2019
Message 11 of 11
in reply to: stevebatchelder

I've had a lot of crashes that always seem to force me to delete a lot of content and start again, and sometimes it deletes content for me. Usually happens a lot when i am changing styles on buildings, adding roof materials, and sometimes it happens when i am playing with road geometry. When it crashed hard on me today, the aerial photo and terrain model weren't loading properly, it had deleted out half the buildings i had added, all the street light furniture, and one of my main roads!

Does anyone have a fix for when this happens? I'm trying to get this to work so that I can demo it for my department to use it for proposals, but i'm starting to think it might be a few years away from being ready if i am constantly, on a daily basis, losing time when i have to constantly redo work. I think the program crashed on me about 10 times this morning just reskinning a building before the big crash that set me back 2 days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report