Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part of my Model disappears

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mperez
764 Views, 3 Replies

Part of my Model disappears

I'm having issues with a model that I built. The model is a solar field aprox. 40 acres. Nothing to elaborate. My problem is that part of my model disappears when i pan around the solar field. One i zoom in closer the model reappears. Due to this problem I cant create a story board. Any ideas why this is happening?. I'm using R14. With a i7 Dell, 32 GB ram, 64 bit.

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mperez

Go to Options and make sure that Show Backfaces is turned on.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
lippola
in reply to: mperez

Did the backfaces solve the problem?

I wonder if the solar field consists out of single solar panel models or if this is one huge model?

If the first one is the case you might turn on "max LOD" in the model explore for the city furniture assets or the fitting asset where the solar panel models belong to. Just cklick on the little white box (house) which will get some "windows".

if there is just one big giant model you may go back to the config dialog and switch to "Use LOD" and increase the LOD Distance (10000m or even more).

Tell me if that worked out.

Andreas

Message 4 of 4
mperez
in reply to: lippola

Yes that worked out great. It's a large model and not a single solar panel model. More like 1000's of solar panels.

Thanks,
Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report