Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Image Display

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BrianHailey
1200 Views, 6 Replies

Odd Image Display

So, I downloaded 70+ images from the nationalmap.gov website. Now, I don't want to add each one of these individually so I select the multiple files when I add the images and they look odd, almost chess board like. 

http://screencast.com/t/Nb5x10dra5L8

If I add them one at a time, they don't have the checkered appearnce. Any idea on how to add them all at the same time and have them display correctly?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I have had this happen from time to time.  Seems to be a glitch.  The way that I fixed it was to go into the Options, Select 3D Generation, and change the Generator Threads count.  I changed mine to 10 and had the issues with the images.  Then changed it to 4, restarted the program and the images were fine.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7

Do your images have an alpha channel? Are your image tiles seamless or do they overlap a bit?

If you can provide a 3x3 tiles sample dataset I can have a deeper look into this.

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 4 of 7

The images are just GeoTIF files that I downloaded from nationalmap.gov. I'll see if I can get a tile group together for you. Not sure how big they will be but I'll do my best.

I tried editing the Generator Threads as suggested by Todd with no success.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 7

So, I got the nine images showing the issue and here is what they look like in the model:

http://screencast.com/t/KD82G2t3v4

And this is how they look when I bring them into MAP 3D

http://screencast.com/t/ISHKEQ2xcs 

I have the files in the zip file but it's almost 1 gig. I'll contact you via e-mail about getting the files to you.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7

Reporting back to the forum:

The provided images have 4 color channels: red, green, blue, and a 4th one, which looks either like a near infrared or like a gray-scale version of the RGB channels.

In the default settings, AIM assumes to use RGB + alpha mask for a 4 channel image, which is not appropriate in this case, since the 4th channel is definitely not an alpha channel; so you have several options here to setup the import correctly:

1. use the RGB channels only: switch to "RGB" for Raster->Band Mapping->Type
  2. use the 4th channel as grayscale: switch to "Gray" for Raster->Band Mapping->Type and select the 4th band for the "gray" channel below
  3. use the 4th channel as near infrared: switch to "RGB" for Raster->Band Mapping->Type and select the 4th band for the "red" channel below

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 7 of 7

That did the trick! Thanks for the help!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report