Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line based 3D object variance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
John_DeLeeuw
441 Views, 2 Replies

Line based 3D object variance

Is it possible to have size variation between 3D Objects, like Trees, when using Line based data?

I'm trying to use a Javascript for this but this only works out variance between different line objects. I need to have different sizes of Trees along the line:

Capture.PNG

Best,

J.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daniel.bruce
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

I have just had a quick test and I was unable to vary tree heights for trees imported as a line! It seems to group the trees together, but if you draw a line of trees in infraworks each tree is seperate which seems strange to me.

Personally I bring the trees in as points which seems to treat each tree as a seperate object. You can then use 'Math.random()' in the z scale to generate a random number between 0 and 1.

I have included a screen shot to show the script I use to vary the heights and tree types, this is not exactly what you asked but you may be able to edit it for your purposes. eg If you have a line in AutoCAD Map use the 'DIVIDE' command to turn it into equally spaced points and 'MAPEXPORT' the points.

Dan

Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Hi John,

Not sure I understand, are you attaching the data to the model or creating the line in the model?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report