Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks corrupted model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
djolegaf
2553 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks corrupted model

Hi,

I have problem with opening model in Infraworks. My computer crashed at some point of work, and after that I have started to get message about  problems in my model in Infraworks, but I was still able to open it without problems. However, today I installed fresh copy of Windows and new trial version of Infraworks 360, and I cannot open my model. Since I spent a lot of time in building that model, I will be glad if somebody can help me to open it. On start I get message:

Autodesk InfraWorks cannot open the database since some of the support files are corrupted.

Please contact technical support.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: djolegaf

Hi Dorde,

There are a couple of options to try and recover your project at this point.

1. Navigate to your InfraWorks project directory [C:\Users\*current_user*\Documents\Autodesk InfraWorks Models] and file the folder with your project name ending with .files. In there you will find a TileCache folder. Delete the contents of that folder [with the project closed]. Once this is done, open InfraWorks again, and load the project. At this point, the project will be rebuilt. This will take some time, depending on how big/complicated your project is, and how fast your computer is.

If that doesn't work, there is a more drastic approach that can be taken:

2. Follow this link, and follow the instructions on the page.

I suggest starting with the TileCache, and letting the project rebuild before the more drastic steps in #2.

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 5
djolegaf
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

Hi Willy,

Thank you for your response, but I have to say that I was already found solution to my problem in this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/InfraWorks-General/crash-on-start-up-corrupt-file/m-p/5136856#M2463. However, I will have on mind your solution in case that problem comes back again.

Best regards

Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem, my file is corrupted and i cant find tile cache folder. anything else which i should use i am using infraworks 2020

Message 5 of 5

Hi @dkumarAJCL6 ,

do you have more information how the file corruption is noticed, for example error message, etc.?

Can you send a screenshot af the error message? And can you send the InfraWorks log file from path %appdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk InfraWorks\logs
C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk InfraWorks\logs after the error appeared in InfraWorks?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report