Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks - Traffic Simulation?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LeafRiders
1478 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks - Traffic Simulation?

I bumped into a note that mentioned Infraworks has a way to show traffic simulations. They made it sound like this may be tied to design speed of the roadway and manipulated using various expressions. I'm having a hard time "visualizing" how to make this happen within Infraworks. I do see this as a "game changer" so I wanted to pick the brains of the users that read these things, along with the developing community? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: LeafRiders

I haven't heard anything about traffic simulations but that would be cool. As you do a visualization, the cars move along the road. Currently, InfraWorks doesn't do any animation, just visualization. Can you share a link to the note you found?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: BrianHailey

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking may do this

Infraworks as far as i know doesn't do this type of animation

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
nrdamayanti

Infraworks only do visualization. If you need traffic animation you should try civil view on 3Ds max. 

First you need create corridor in civil 3D then export it into *.vsp3d file. then import these file using civil view. It's prety simple. 

https://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/_bz_web/geospatial_france/Public/blog/fy14/Download.dwn?SiteId=2679...

Ema

Message 5 of 5
gordon.duncan

Traffic Simulation is coming to InfraWorks. There is a preview available now on Autodesk Labs - Project Commuter - this is a modified version of the product that was recently acquired. It also models transit, pedestrians, cyclists, freight.

Traffic simulation can be used to assess the effectiveness of a design, both through animation and through numerical reporting capacity, travel time, level of service, etc., given a known demand for each origin-destination trip through the study area.

Gordon Duncan
Software Architect
IPG-ICP
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report