Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks Road Style Defaulting to different colour

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RBedard
665 Views, 3 Replies

Infraworks Road Style Defaulting to different colour

I've manually added a new road style with a yellow stripe for centreline as per Eric Chappell's post

http://ericchappell.blogspot.ca/2013/08/getting-look-you-want-in-infraworks.html

However, the yellow line for some reason defaults to a grey?  I have mapped it as per Eric's post but it does not seem to want to display correctly.

anyone else having issues like this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bill.dhimitri
in reply to: RBedard

Can you check that the name string that you used in the Material mapping (Yellow Stripe) exactly matches the string in the "track top surface category" column of the style?

Message 3 of 4
RBedard
in reply to: bill.dhimitri

Yes, the mapping matches the track top surface category.  I did, however, find a work around.  I found a jpg of the the colour I needed and used it as a material as opposed to using the Material Style colour.

Message 4 of 4
samlytle
in reply to: RBedard

I've found that using a texture such as the one attached will give even better results. When you think about it, we aren't looking for the color yellow or white, we are looking for asphalt in the yellow or white color. It's a subtle but important difference that will make the model look that much better.

-Sam

Civil FX
The art of visualizing engineering design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report