Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Civil3DReminders
361 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks 2014

Is it possible to convert an imported feature such as a road to rail? My road data source includes both roads and rail. I want to move the rail to rail from the roads. Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

You should import the rail and road as different sdf or shp files.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: tcorey

I used the same shp file, but imported it twice. I had the name of the feature that is rail so used a criteria to seperate the two feature types. In my case the rails had the same name of 'Southern Pacific' so I used these two criteria:

Not Name Like 'Southern Pacific'     - For the roads

Name Like 'Southern Pacific'           - For the railroad

Message 4 of 5

Chris,

I had the same situation. The tigerroads.shp file I need to use has both railways and roads. I imported the file twice but on the "Source" tab I set the "Source Filter" to RAILFLG = 'Y' for the railway import and RAILFLG = 'N' for the separate road import. That did the trick.

Mike Partenheimer

Message 5 of 5

Hey, that's the same data set I was using. Good ole LA County data. I saw the flag there, but I was too lazy to go look up what the appropriate values where.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report