Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 2014 - Component of Autodesk Infraworks 2014 has stopped working.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
david.lau
2956 Views, 26 Replies

Infraworks 2014 - Component of Autodesk Infraworks 2014 has stopped working.

When starting Infraworks - I get this error:  Component of Autodesk Infraworks 2014 has stopped working.  

AIM 2013 also has the same error.

AIM 2012 does work. 

Coult this be the issue?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-InfraWorks/AIM-2013-not-opening/m-p/3823563

David Lau
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
DarrenP
in reply to: david.lau

it could be

i can't seem to log in to AIM 360 account from Infraworks 2014 but starts up fine

with 2013 yes that could be the problem if your using 2013 r2 there is this hotfix: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20979998&linkID=17838076

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 27
lippola

Hi guys,

just wonder if this has been resolved or if new information on this issue came up?

Andreas

Message 4 of 27
DarrenP
in reply to: lippola

no idea

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 27
enelson

I am currently having the same issue.  Worked yesterday morning, then tried it in the afternoon and it stopped.  Did anyone find a solution for this?

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
Message 6 of 27
vaderdarth

Has anyone or Autodesk found a solution.  I can't even start this program.

Message 7 of 27
david.lau

Can you let me know if Infra Structure Modeller 2012 worked?

When the 2013, 2014 version came, the application was rename to aim.exe which is the same as AOL messager which may be a banned program in company.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-InfraWorks/AIM-2013-not-opening/m-p/3823563#M692

Other than that, you need to also confirm that your video card is supported as well.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18630064&linkID=17838075

http://docs.autodesk.com/ICD/2014/ENU/system_requirements/infraworks-sys-reqs.htm

David Lau
Message 8 of 27
enelson

I uninstalled my video card and reinstalled it, the program opened as normal.  I recently dumped my old Nvidia cards in favor of an AMD Firepro, seems to really do the trick.  But if you are having this problem, try to unistall and reinstall the video card and drivers.

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
Message 9 of 27
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: enelson

I am having the same issue also. InfraWorks 2014 r2 was working fine for the first 2 days then windows did some updates and now it's crashing as soon as I open it. I get the same message that Infraworks component as failed. I have uninstalled it then reinstalled and it still does not work. Am going to try to revert my video card update to see if thats is the problem. 

Tony 

CAD Manager

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
Message 10 of 27
vaderdarth

2013 worked fine, and all the rest of the ultimate building suite 2014 works just fine.  It is just the Infra Structure that is not opening and coming up with the message.  It seems strange that Autodesk would re-deisgn or program a piece of software that all the sudden needs different video requirements then the rest of the package.

Message 11 of 27
vaderdarth

2013 worked fine, and all the rest of the ultimate building suite 2014 works just fine.  It is just the InfraWorks that is not opening and coming up with the message.  It seems strange that Autodesk would re-deisgn or program a piece of software that all the sudden needs different video requirements then the rest of the package.

Message 12 of 27
vaderdarth
in reply to: vaderdarth

Note this is not Infra Structure, but is InfraWorks
Message 13 of 27
ladams

I am also getting the same message. I started a new project in Infraworks 2014 R2 and while I was making edits to a road, it crashed. Now I am unable to open the file at all. It is as if that file is now corrupt. My computer meets all the requirements for the software.

Message 14 of 27
Robert_Boss

I'm experiencing the same problem. I wanted to evaluate the trial version of AIM 2014 and it installed without errors, but at startup it crashes. From the event log I get the following message ;

Faulting application name: AIM.exe, version: 3.0.0.5006, time stamp: 0x512c3d3f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18205, time stamp: 0x51dba4e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005339d
Faulting process id: 0x1698
Faulting application start time: 0x01cea03144acd7a2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014\AIM.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 8563c47c-0c24-11e3-a648-082e5f7499c4

I'm running Win 7 with a Nvidia GeForce GT 650 graphic card (driver ver. 320.49) on an HP Pavilion dv 7 notebook. 

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance !

Message 15 of 27
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: vaderdarth

Ok I got mine to finally work again. I had to do a complete uninstalled of my video drivers which defaulted back to my onboard vga settings. Then I did a complete reinstall of my nvidia video drivers. Everythings seems work now.

Tony C

CAD Manager

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
Message 16 of 27
jukka.alander
in reply to: TCARCAMO78

Same problem, same solution. With Nvidia driver 320.49 works fine but 320.78 crashes IW.

Message 17 of 27
guyhache30

Same for me... Using a Gtx 760 (driver 9.18.13.2680), and when I install the software Nvidia Experience it wont start.  I remove the software and it work but crash when I try to do a Render...  I gonna try to downgrade my driver see if it works...

Message 18 of 27
Stiklins

Having the same problem !

Downloaded latest version of InfraWorks, and introduction to soft stops at startup screen - Component of

Autodesk Infraworks 2014 has stopped working.

Tried changing graphics driver (nvidia quadroFX 580) without results.

Is there came out some unique solution, or at least more clearer reason why its hapening?

Message 19 of 27
jaturner

I am having the same problem.  Worked on it all day yesterday, it worked fine.  then this afternoon I started it up and it won't finish opening.  Error message that says "A compomnent of Autodesk Infraworks is not responding"

Message 20 of 27
jukka.alander
in reply to: jaturner

Try downgrading nvidia display driver, it seems to help. Anybody with Amd GPU having this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report