Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported roads not aligning correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PBriedis
646 Views, 3 Replies

Imported roads not aligning correctly

I have set up the extents of my city (at the new project opening box) using a known area in the United Kingdom and this comes up as a neat rectangle as the model base. My Geo reference is BritishNatGrid. I then imprt my .shp file for the roads set to general orthoginal alignments (roads only running east-west & north-south) which we originally within my extents rectangle and when they appear in the model they are visibly twisted about 10 degrees.

I have only just started using AIM so I might be missing something quite obvious.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anojon-8
in reply to: PBriedis

I am actually having the same experiance. Some roads align perfectly and some are way off. My model are from Sweden (Kiruna) using SWEREF.

Message 3 of 4
lippola
in reply to: anojon-8

Hi Gents,

is there a chance to get some data for testing?

Or even a detailed description of what you did exactly (defining a new model, insertig data...)

thx

Andreas

Message 4 of 4
anojon-8
in reply to: lippola

Well it actually kind of solved it'self for me... The problem was that the data i was using had some irregularities or something to it, but i found another set of files that aligned much better. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report