Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Wire From Utility Design to Infraworks

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1125 Views, 1 Reply

Import Wire From Utility Design to Infraworks

Hi all..

I have file that created in utility design (IDS Ultimate) contains pole and wire distribution.

Now i tried to bring that whole data into infraworks. I save in dwg and fbx file, but infrawork can't display the wire.

It is caused because there's no style for electrical wire so we cant dispaly it?

Does anybody have solution for it?

Infrawork in IDS ultimate should coordinate any data from this suite right?

Kindly need your advice

Ema

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lippola
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ema,

right now there isn't a way to create or visualize electric wires in AIW so far. So you need to take a workaround.

I had a similar usecase where i needed to bring in some wires as a new planning. You simply safe the utility design work as dwg file and import it as pipelines into AIW. Make sure you create a proper "wire" style out of the exisitng pipeline styles. 

In my case i had a civil drawing and exported the horizontal wires seperatly from the poles as sdf file and brought it in AIW as described above. the pole.sdf I inserted as pipeline connectors. This is more of a very simple workaround if you do not have proper poles models.

Have look at the attached picture.

Hope this helps

Andreas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report