Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Imagery Over Exposed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mark_kauffman
1201 Views, 5 Replies

Ground Imagery Over Exposed

I have been experiencing this problem for quite some time and I cannot seem to find a way to resolve it. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion. When I import Ground Imagery, the contrast is often way too intense as if the image is over exposed or a contrast and brightness filter were applied improperly. I checked the image in Photoshop and the brightest areas are well below 255.255.255 RGB white. I would almost say that some shader is parcing the images wrong for the viewport. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Anyone found a way around it?</

Mark Kauffman
Project Visualization
WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Inc.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

See my post at the link below and see if that helps....

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Infrastructure-Modeler/Odd-Image-Display/td-p/3604230

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6

That's a negative. The image only appears to have the 3 color channels and not a 4th. My imagery is defaulting to a band mapping type of RGB. As a test to see what would happen, I switched to Gray and set band #1: red as the type. I get a grayscale image for the aerial as expected, but the white are completely blow out as before. Again, it is as if AIM is applying a contrast and brightness filter to the image.

Mark Kauffman
Project Visualization
Message 4 of 6

Did you find any solution to this problem? I am having the same situation, and I don't know what to do...

Message 5 of 6

My solution has been to adjust the overall brightness for the environment from 1.5 to 1.2 (Visual Effects in 2015, Light Intensity). Otherwise, you can type in a gamma correction value located in the Raster Tab for the Ground Imagery (Data Sources).

Mark Kauffman
Project Visualization
Message 6 of 6

Thank you so much!! It worked!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report