Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Create proposals.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
M_Buckton
813 Views, 7 Replies

Failed to Create proposals.

Everytime I attempt to create a new proposal I get the error message "failed to create proposal..."

Has anyone had any troubles or have a solution to why I cannot create a new proposal?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: M_Buckton

Are you creating to a network drive? If so, try creating to your local hard drive.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
M_Buckton

Working off local drive.

Message 4 of 8
tcorey

Does this happen with all projects or only certain projects?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 8

Is there a workaround this problem? I'm on a network drive (as are all the source files for the model) and I haven't been able to create 1 proposal in the file, as I get that error no matter what. One of the reasons I'm using this software was for the use of the proposal feature, which I'm unable to use!!

Message 6 of 8

I was able to successfully, after a bit, get this workflow to work. Takes a while to backup the file though. Afterwards I opened up the drawing and was able to make new proposals. I'm assuming that after one of several program crashes I encountered while building the master proposal caused a minor corruption that was only impacting new proposals.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/InfraWorks-General/crash-on-start-up-corrupt-file/td-p/3932402

Message 7 of 8
k.lew
in reply to: tcorey

I'm having this issue as well. I was working off a network drive, but even when I saved to my local hd, I'm still getting the "failed to create proposals" issue. Anybody come across a solution to this yet??
Message 8 of 8

Did you try the workflow I posted above in that link? Its a bit time consuming depending on your file sizes, but it fixed my file, and allowed me to create proposals. My file at the time must have gotten corrupted during a crash.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report