Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Ortho Images

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jefflyons2968
718 Views, 2 Replies

Editing Ortho Images

I am trying to edit the an image tile (1 of 20)  to remove road pavement crossing rivers, replace them with bridges...Has anyone edited a TIF or JPEG using Photoshop or any other graphics package?  When I do this, the image tile file size seems to compress (from 70Meg to 50Megs), and then reloading the Raster Datasource causes AIM to loose the all the image tiles completely...  When I revert back to the orginal photo, and reload the datasource, it all comes back.

How is the best way to edit these images?

Thnaks

--jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nzeeben
in reply to: jefflyons2968

Jeff,

What about instead of editing the ortho images using coverage areas to block out the features you are wanting to hide?

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
jefflyons2968
in reply to: nzeeben

Hi Nick,

I tried that on this bridge project and it looked pretty bad (see slope and river under bridge) ...I suppose I could have taken more time at colour matching but the guy who does our graphics did an amazing job of hiding it so it would be good to find out why it crashed the photo dataset simply by editing it... try opening a photo in photoshop and simply "save it"...let me know if it works for you and I will know it's me...

--Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report