Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 2013 C3D Export IMX transformed to scale factor?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wdbar
726 Views, 7 Replies

Does 2013 C3D Export IMX transformed to scale factor?

In other words can I transform from local to a state plane coordinate system?  If so, could the scale factor be the reason my SID file is cropped by the terrain when I use the IMX?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: wdbar

There is an option when attaching an image file to clip to model extents.  You will need to uncheck that option.  Right-click on your image in the Data Sources dialog and select Configure.  Click the Raster tab in the dialog box and uncheck the Clip to Model Extents.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
wdbar
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Great!

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if the coordinate transformation in Civil 3D has been fixed for IMX export, SDF output or shape file creation?  I'm trying to wrap my head around the workflow involved to go from in-design/production to AIM.  Will I have to manually scale my C3D Surfaces from surface to grid before I export?  

Message 4 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

I think SP1 fixed that

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 5 of 8
wdbar

Thanks, Todd.  I hope this is the case.  I'll have to swing by TCAD sometime soon and pick your brain on this new stuff.

-Bill

Message 6 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

Come on by.  We can sit down and take a look at AIM.  Are you using R2?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 7 of 8
wdbar
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I'm not using R2 just yet.  I've just begun exploring AIM.  I have a pretty large development that I'm trying to build and without much documentation I'm running into roadblocks.

Message 8 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

Come by and I will get you squared away.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report