Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Culverts Not Working Correctly

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
ToddRogers-WPM
1313 Views, 20 Replies

Culverts Not Working Correctly

My culverts will not work correctly.  I am using InfraWorks 360 v.15.2.56.0.  The headwalls/wingwalls are showing up back to back no matter where I place a culvert, or if I do a watershed analysis and they are placed automatically; same thing happens...

4-4-2012_8-46-10_AM.png

Todd Rogers
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Todd -

Which operating system are you using?  Can you edit the culvert and drag the end of the culvert to the otherwise of the road?  What is your roadway grading width?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 21

Using 8.1. Already applied the fix. Doesn't allow me to drag it. Grading width is 33'.
Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 21

Be sure to be in edit mode to get the culvert grips that allow movement.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 21

I have tried that as well.
Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 21

So you are unable to get the culvert grips to resize?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 7 of 21

That is correct.  It shows it resizing with the grips, but it doesn't resize, it stays the same.

Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 21

Hi Todd,

This may help.  

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Cheers,

Morgan.

Morgan Smith
Implementation Consultant

Message 9 of 21

Thanks Morgan, but this was the first thing I did after installing 15.2.
Todd Rogers
Message 10 of 21

Curiosity got the better of me...  so I fired up my pc to see if I could replicate this with the same version on my Windows 7 pc.

When a culvert has start and end points within the cut/fill batters or a culvert is placed using the watershed analysis tools the culvert is modelled correctly. (Culvert A). 

When culvert has start and end points within extents of the road formation, the culvert dia will default to largest radius available and be 0m in length (Culvert B). I assume this happens as a result of the culvert headwalls not being unable to interact with the terrain surface to determine correct sizing of the culvert. I could still edit the culvert using the grips when in edit mode. This happens regardless whether the design road is in cut or fill. 

IW360 Culverts.png

Have you tried replicating the results in a different project or one that was started with 2015.2? The reason I ask is some of our clients have reported issues when migrating projects from previous versions of InfraWorks. eg 2014 R3 to 2014 R4.

HTH.

Morgan.

Morgan Smith
Implementation Consultant

Message 11 of 21

Interesting. This does happen to be an upgraded model. Monday I will test to see if this happens on a new model created in 15.2. I will keep you posted. Thx.
Todd Rogers
Message 12 of 21

Ah - did you use this model with the preview culverts?  

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 13 of 21

Yes sir.

Todd Rogers
Message 14 of 21
mars.wu
in reply to: morgan.smith

Hi Todd,

I didn't reproduce your problem with build 15.2.56. Do you mind to share your data with us so that we could do troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Mars
Message 15 of 21

Mars, are you using Windows 8.1? I am.
Todd Rogers
Message 16 of 21
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mars.wu

Update.  As you can see below, the grips have been edited and the dialog box states that is is 133' in length.  BUT, it's still wingwall to wingwall...

4-4-2012_8-46-10_AM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 17 of 21
mars.wu
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Hi Todd,

It should be an limitation of Inventor server on Windows 8.1. The solution on this wiki page only works for Windows 7. Our QA has reproduced the problem on Windows 8.1 and has an defect tracking it. I will keep you posted if we figured out anything to make it work without a patch.

Thanks,
Mars
Message 18 of 21

Thanks Mars.
Todd Rogers
Message 19 of 21

Todd -

When you downloaded the patch, did you unblock the zip file before unzipping the contents?

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 20 of 21

Good call Matt!!  Works like a charm now!!

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report