InfraWorks General Discussion

Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Connect to an ArcSDE database

470 Views, 3 Replies
04-23-2013 12:28 PM

How do I go about connecting to an ArcSDE database? I know how to do it in Map (C3D) by copying the 3 DLL files, but I can't find anything about how to do this in InfraWorks. I copied the 3 DLLs to the InfraWorks install folder, but that doesn't seem to do much. The help files are useless as it doesn't mention anything specifically about the generic imports.  I see this dialog box, which has no input for server address, username, password, or datastore. 

connect_to_data_screenshot.png

I don't know what to use for the connection string. I tried using just the IP address of the ArcSDE server, but that didn't work. I also tried using the IP address with the port number and that didn't work either. Any help would be great.

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014
Civil 3D 2014 x64
Testing IDSP 2015
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
jason.eggen
Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

Re: Connect to an ArcSDE database

11-07-2013 01:14 PM in reply to: engrtech

Did you ever figure out how to connect to SDE Data sets?

c4az57b
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

01-07-2014 01:51 AM in reply to: jason.eggen
Also waiting for an answer to this one
Employee
lippola
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

05-21-2014 05:33 AM in reply to: c4az57b

Hi there, 

we just found a bug in Infraworks which refers to the wrong FDO version. So this might help:

ArcSDE connection

With infraworks 2014 R4 ArcSDE fdo version 3.7 is installed, which does not work to connect to ArcSDE 10

Connect to ArcSDE to get data from Gis directly

Copy 3 Esri components dlls into pe.dll, sde.dll and sg.dll C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014 R4

Copy 3 ArcSDE FDO dlls from AutoCAD map to Infraworks

• ArcSDEMessage.dll
  • ArcSDEProvider.dll
  • ArcSDEProvider92.dll

Copy from here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\bin\FDO

Paste here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014 R4 (make backup of existing dlls)

Change providers.xml file

<FeatureProvider>

<Name>OSGeo.ArcSDE.3.8</Name>

<DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for ArcSDE </DisplayName>

<Description>Read/write access to an ESRI ArcSDE-based data store, using Oracle and SQL Server. </Description>

<IsManaged>False</IsManaged>

<Version>3.8.0.0</Version>

<FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.8.0.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>

<LibraryPath>ArcSDEProvider.dll</LibraryPath>

</FeatureProvider>

·        server=10.20.0.79; instance=5151; datastore=sde; username=qrgis; password=***

Hope this helps...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community