Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android viewer for IW?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JamesMaeding
1246 Views, 6 Replies

Android viewer for IW?

I thought there was a mobil viewer for IW models, is it hidden in the 360 mobile app or something?

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Infraworks 360 is only available for the iPad, ONLY.  Not the iPhone or Android, as of yet.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7

"As of yet..."

So does that mean an Android app will be available in the foreseeable future?
We have company-android-tablets running
Message 4 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: HS_HBadvies

I imagine they'll be working on this to the detriment of bug fixes in Civil 3D...Smiley Frustrated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 7
JamesMaeding
in reply to: neilyj666

Actually, the pursuit of DOT's is the thing in the way of other stuff.

Its sad because instead of fixing the core issues with C3d that make production difficult, they instead try to find new customers who supposedly will be ok with the product as is.

Until they address these things, C3D will be a shadow trying to solidify:

1) Share items via external database instead of fragile xref or heavy, chatty and odd data reference objects.

2) Make data detachment fail gracefully. Callouts must stay as they were until parent data link is re-established.

3) Treat pipes as based on alignments and profiles like roads. Chopping up pipes at PI's/PVI's is not civil engineering, and never was.

4) Realize that what designers need most is a published schema of various real civil objects, so editing interfaces can be re-used accross Autodesk products. Instead every team wants to re-invent the road, pipe, structure...Do not make things so fancy they cannot be described by a schema and shared between products. Forget pipe rules if necessary at start.

They get those fixed, and the private development world business will eclipse DOT seats like, well the sun does to the moon.

I personally feel Autodesk does not have the vision to solve these issues before other parties do. Pursuing DOT's and not fixing certain bugs and things you would think any vendor would jump on, is unfortunate for both sides IMO. The business leaders at Autodesk seem to be overwhelmed by their own claim to BIM and do not realize the foundation needs to be fixed.

Message 6 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: JamesMaeding

I suppose new customers = $$$$$$$

Civil 3D and BIM should never appear in a sentence together unless separated by "is not"....;)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
JamesMaeding
in reply to: neilyj666

You noticed the BIM descrepency too? 🙂

Its not just new customers that create income, its keeping existing.

Autodesk must be holding their breath on this BIM issue.

I'm not far from specializing my alignment program so it makes what I consider BIM qualifying objects.

You don't have to make things super connected and smart, just have the ability to show in 3d, decent editing interface, and properties/behavior civil engineers would want.

I hear people say every agency is different and country, it does not matter. We all use alignments and profiles to describe things, and the stuff I have now would cover any design situation I know of in the US, except things involving spirals.

I need to group stuff better and allow updating of callouts though. Updating is not just making things dynamic, its making checking tools to help the user catch non-dynamic stuff or things that use wrong formulas. You fool a designer and they go back to hand drafting on the computer - uh, wonder how many firms do that given the C3D platform. A whole lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report