Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM wont start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dave.sharp
572 Views, 3 Replies

AIM wont start

Have downloaded Autocad Infrastrucuture Modeller 30 day trial. 64 bit version.

Running Windows 7 Professional

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.70GHz

RAM    8.00Gb

64 bit O.S.

Have tried starting the programme from both the desktop icon and using 'Run'  AIM.exe.  However nothing happens.

Just get the wait symbol for a few seconds and then it disappears.

On checking the directory c:\Program Files\Autodesk  the programme appears to be all there.  866Mb 3575 Files, 28 Folders.

Probably a very basic thing I have done wrong but I am at a loss as to what.

I use Autocad 2013 for my work and am seeing if it is worth moving into 3d land development work, hence the download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

`

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I would suggest these 2 items as a starter:

1. Check for the most recent graphics card drivers of your graphics card vendor. Which gfx card are you using, BTW?
  2. Try to reinstall AIM

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 4

Graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro FX1700 with the latest driver installed.

I think if I try reinstalling the programme it will be rejected.  I had this problem some years ago with another trial

of Inventor.

Tomorrow I am taking the computer into the agents and thay are going to try to sort it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Message 4 of 4
dave.sharp
in reply to: dave.sharp

Further to the problem of AIM not booting.

I returned the computer to the service department of the company I purchased it from.  The technician said he had received other computers with similar problems using autodesk products.  Not AIM specifically.  He put the cause of the problem down to the register being affected by uninstalling/installing autodesk products.

The history of this computer, relating to Autodesk products is;

Purchased computer October 2011 and Installed autocad 2012.

Early May 2012.  Installed Autocad 2013.

Late May 2012, downloaded and installed AIM, which would not boot up.  Took computer to AEC (Autodesk agent)

who uninstalled AIM and reinstalled from a memory stick.

AIM still would not boot.

From the above, it will be seen that Autodesk products have only been installed twice, so I do not understand why I had to have the operating system (Windows 7) reinstalled to 'clean up the registry'

Having reinstalled the operating system I am now trialling AIM successfully.

I would be interested if Autodek have anything to contribute as to why I had to unisntall/reinstall the operating system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report