Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version 1 vs. version 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
salbunio
394 Views, 2 Replies

version 1 vs. version 2

I've yet to install version 2 on my computer..I know a little behind the times..but have been content with working in 1. If it's not broke don't fix it sort of situation. A work colleague (my hampster for testing out updates) works in version 2. Recently we've discovered that 1 can not open files created in 2 nor even access blocks, styles, etc. that have been used by 2. We've decided that Autodesk and it's wisdom would have created a setting to save version 2 files back to version 1 to make it accessible. Sort of like how one can save CAD files back to earlier versions. Is there a setting some place that I have missed that can rectify this issue or an add-on that should be installed?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brentvos
in reply to: salbunio

Impression is a new product, and because of what it does you are going to see big changes between versions...those changes make compatibility difficult. Your best bet is only to move along to the new version. I'd like to think that Impression 2 has bug fixes and features people wanted from 1 that make it superior.

Brent
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: salbunio

Impression 2 is a large improvement over
v1.  It is quicker and much more stable among other things.  Unlike
other upgrades, there really is no downside to upgrading to v2 in
Impression. 

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Impression
is a new product, and because of what it does you are going to see big changes
between versions...those changes make compatibility difficult. Your best bet
is only to move along to the new version. I'd like to think that Impression 2
has bug fixes and features people wanted from 1 that make it
superior.

Brent

--
Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report