Impression (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Autodesk Impression has stopped working" (Impression 3)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
panzaph
2710 Views, 1 Reply

"Autodesk Impression has stopped working" (Impression 3)

I am having a new problem with Impression 3. I've run this program on my computer before and it has just started this error. Upon starting Impression 3 I get this Windows error:

"Autodesk Impression has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

At this point, my only option is to click "Close Program" which promptly does as it says.

I am running Windows Vista Enterprise SP2, Civil3D 2008, and Impression 3. This all seems to have started after a recent shuffle with my Windows profile...due to a complication with C3D a new Windows profile was created for me on this computer with all important files/configurations/settings copied over. The first time I ran Impression 3 after this, the program said components needed to be installed first so I clicked OK. After this ran through (seemingly without issue), I started Impression and received the above error.

I am pretty sure the issue is with a remnant configuration or installation file that's hanging around in the Windows user profile environment. Reason being the Impression 3 program works fine when another use logs into this computer, and a clean uninstall and reinstall had no effect.

Here's where I need some help. We've searched high and low for every possible folder of user files associated with Impression, configuration files, and registry entries to delete to let Impression re-create them during startup to hopefully solve this issue. We've gotten so far as to get Impression to go back through the initial startup process "...components need to be installed before running Impression..." but we're still getting the same error upon program startup.

Is there anybody that knows how to fix this??? I'm basically flatlined until I can get this program working, and I'm sitting here watching deadlines fly by. Please help!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
panzaph
in reply to: panzaph

well, as an update just to not leave this hanging around in the internet, we never found the conflicting configuration or installation files in my Windows profile and ended up with no choice but to create a new Windows profile to get Impression 3 to work properly. Still confused, but at least I'm up and running again. Hope nobody else runs into this problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report