Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing is invalid and cannot be imported

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ashermy13
4217 Views, 7 Replies

drawing is invalid and cannot be imported

Every time I try to open a dwg file in impression (imported from ADT 2005) I get the error message ...drawing is invalid and cannot be imported. Is anyone else having this problem?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ashermy13

Could you please send me the DWG so we can take a look here?

shana.priwer@autodesk.com

Thanks,
Shana
Message 3 of 8
ashermy13

Here is the dwg file
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I'm able to load the file using either modelspace or paperspace. Can you tell me your import settings, perhaps there's one specific setting which is causing the problem. Also, what other Autodesk apps do you have installed on that machine, and are you able to load the file on a different computer?

thanks,
shana
Message 5 of 8
akankshachauhan0202
in reply to: Anonymous

I am facing the same problem. I use the import layout setting with none applied in the other settings. The file is Autocad LT 2007. Other Autodesk applications installed on my pc are 3ds max 2009 and Autocad. 

Message 6 of 8
ptoy
in reply to: akankshachauhan0202

hey guys. It seems a lot of people are having the issue of dwg files being invalid and not being able to be imported. I had to deal with this a while ago, there was a hotfix/patch that needed to be downloaded but I think the main problem is you MUST save (or export) autocad files as dwf files for them to be imported. for some reason impression doesnt recognize normal dwg files. in cad, if you select the output tab there should be an export bar, which is used mainly for pdfs. there you can select dwf file. hope this helps!

Message 7 of 8
jwondergem

Hello, I'm working in Autodesk 2013 and am having the same problem with trying to import into Impressions and getting the pop up stating the file is not valid and cannot be imported. I tried exporting as a dwf file but only have the option of 3D dwf in the export. Which Impressions says it does not support that file type. Can anyone give me the hotfix/patch link or does anyone have any other solutions?

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: jwondergem

Impression died way before 2013 came out: you will need to knock your files down using -EXPORTOAUTOCAD command in AutoCAD (there is a dash in the command name), then try again, aim for R2000 or R14 format.

Same with DWF, you need to create the 'classic' DWF and not the default newer drivers' DWF files found in 2013: dig deeper in PLOTTERMANAGER command to find the old DWF format.

If none of these work, there is no other option: this is a dead program, fell off the shelf at Autodesk some time back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report