Trying to find Impression site for help, tutorials, etc.
All search links lead to Autodesk Plant Exchange...
One page directs you to Autocad Exchange, then the AutoCad Exchange directs you to Facebook and Youtube.
Once you are on Facebook, there are no links to Impression.
This is laughable and alarmingly sad...
Did anyone from the company tried these links?
Can someone point me in the right dirsection?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I tpp am missing loads of functionality from Impression which I cannot find in Autocad 2013. Luckily I have a copy of Impression 3 still lurking...
For starters, I find Impression invaluable for creating PDF's for import into Photoshop with all the layers intact, just by bringing a Layout (or a layered DWF) into Impression 3, applying no styles etc., and then immediately saving to a PDF with preserve layers turned on. I can then work on it much more efficiently than PDF's created directly from Autocad which are always flattened when rasterized by Photoshop. Maybe Illustrator could do this but I haven't got on well with it.
And I still like the sketchy line look that I have only been able to achieve by using the Wiggle Pencil or Wiggle Pen of Impression.
And the watercolour fills... how do you do either of these in Autocad (or Autocad plus Indesign or Illustrator). If you have any links to info I'd really appreciate reading up because clearly Autodesk is dropping IMpression and I don't know how long Impression 3 will be a viable option.
Solution for install impression 3 on Windows 8:
1. Extract the content from installer (I recommend using winrar or winzip to extract in the same folder).
2. Right click over "Setup.exe", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, Windows Vista (SP2), Apply, Accept.
3. Run "Setup.exe", clic "OK", wait (if it show ERROR click OK, OK and Accept and run againg), click Next, Click "I accept", click Next, again and again, it shows ERROR, clic OK, OK, Accept.
4. Run "Vespa.msi" and try several times (at least three times) to install, if you have succesfully installed, congratulations!! If not, continue reading...
5. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, Compatibility mode, (earlier)previous version of windows, Apply, Accept.
6. Right click over "Vespa.msi", Properties, Compatibility, click "run the compatibility troubleshooter", click "Test (Run) the program" button, if it show ERROR, clic OK, OK, after click again "Test (Run) the program" button, click Next, Select "I Accept", Next, Next, Next, (If you have UAC actived, Click YES) wait until the installation is complete.
Note: Try several times doing click "Test (Run) the program" button on the compatibility troubleshooter program window if the program is not install. or try closing all windows properties windows and reopen the properties and compatibility troubleshooter.
Play with all compatibility options of "Vespa.msi" incluided run again with compatibility options disabled
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register