Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update CAD Geometry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
markfarrell
266 Views, 2 Replies

Update CAD Geometry

I have create a site plan and imported it into impressions, coloured it up and then amended the original dwg file. when i update the impression file it brings all the new information across however all the colouring and hatching disappears, any idea what can cause this or what i should look for,thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: markfarrell

Are you using Impression R2? In R2 the system will update any fills you created with the Area Fill or Power Fill commands. In the "CAD Update" dialog, you need to make sure the "Update area fill objects" option is selected.

If you are having problems with other objects, not created by area fill, it might be because you are using "style overrides." How did you assign the styles to your objects? If you assign styles to layers, then they will be preserved when you perform a CAD Update. However, if you assigned styles to individual objects then those styles are lost when performing the update. Assigning a style to an individual object is called a style override. This is a limitation of the CAD Update command. Instead of assigning styles to individual objects, it is better to assign styles to layers, or to use the Area Fill command.
Message 3 of 3
MarkFarrell10
in reply to: markfarrell

Thanks for the response, I am using R1 at the moment until we subscribe to the new version of AutoCAD.

I have used the area fill command and put all the colours on there own layer. the process was one DWG assigned stroke style to pen layer, the using area fill command filled all the areas and then created a layer called grass and put them on it. if i created a layer called grass in the DWG would this help?

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report