cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
WesleyAshworth
482 Views, 9 Replies

Lock Up

Impression locks up consistantly within about 5 min of opening. I'm using xp pro and the demo vers of impression, downloaded yesterday. I've opened several different files, including the demos. Locks up tight each time.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bobed2121
in reply to: WesleyAshworth

Something is conflicting with Impression. Do a ctrl>alt>del and one at a time close processes that are NOT system files. See if it crashes each after closing one process then you will know that that process was the culprit.
Message 3 of 10

OK, I tried shutting all processes down. The attachment list what is running except I shut the screenprint down before starting impression. It still locks up every time. any more thoughts?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I have the same problem. I think its a clinch in the version. Thats why its free. On to another topic, do you know an easier way to render objects that are not blocks...
Message 5 of 10
Simon E

I also find that Impression falls over as often as a drunk on a bronco. teething troubles I guess.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Having the same problem here. I'll try the "process shutdown" approach and see if I get any joy. Will there be a more stable version of this available to test out before one has to shell out the $$$? I need to convince my overlords who hold the keys to the safe.
Message 7 of 10
Simon E

Having played with impression some more, I am finding it often falls over when trying to zoom. Makes you wonder if it has something to do with the graphics card. Sketchup (which Impression seems to be trying to emulate in some respects) has the same problem, though it is more stable. I have also noticed I often get the message "Runtime Error R6025 - pure virtual function call" a while after I have closed the unresponsive program. I expect if you speak fluent Pooter you might know what this means!
Message 8 of 10

I loaded it onto another computer at work and have the same problem. Both computers are Dell dimension 3100. Loaded it onto my home desktop and have no problem. Older Tri Star
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I appologize for the problems that you have been having with the software. We have fixed a defect in the display that we believe is causing most of these issues. This will be available in the near future with the next update of Impression to the Autodesk Labs site.

In the meantime, we have found that by updating your display driver from the manufacturer of the board, you may see better results.

Rod Recker
Software Engineering Manager
Autodesk Impression
Message 10 of 10

Thanks!!

Wesley Ashworth

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums