Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions and windows 7

121 REPLIES 121
Message 1 of 122
monksanand
13304 Views, 121 Replies

Impressions and windows 7

I dont know what the problem with windows 7 or the net framework SDK of windows7 but here are some problems i am facing.
I am using impressions 3
Windows7 build 7100 x64 Ultimate......ATI Raedon - HD4850, 2.2GHz core 2 duo, 2GB ram.

Issues:
1) Saving a file as native impression format.
2) Opening a file.
3) Importing an Autocad file.

What happens: Each time i try and do the above the file crashes and doesnt work....goes to the crash screen asking me to send a report to AUTODESK for errors. well i have done that few times already.
I installed impressions in a VISTA x64 ultimate system and worked my way easily without such errors and completed my work, saved the file as native impressions format as well as a pdf for prints later. Basciallly it was the issue of the net framework 3.5 sp1 fault that i dint work earlier on the friends PC. I installed the hotfixes as well as netframework SDK 3.5 SP1 on it and everything worked gr8.
But WINDOW7 is just not budging its way to work....tried reinstalling SDK....tried reinstalling Impressions.....tried to run it as a vista and XP but nothing.

Can AUTODESK please find a fix for this???
121 REPLIES 121
Message 21 of 122
Bloubum
in reply to: monksanand

Figures Autodesk would not fix something that is not giving them any cash so they can keep on buying up the competition there by eliminating them and then come out with even bugger bloatware garbage every year and fix some of the bugs from the previous version and introduce new bugs in the new version. There should be some law preventing compaines from acquiring all the competition otherwise Autodesk may become another AIG that the country cannot afford to loose no matter how much crap the vomit into the public.
AutoChair, if you are listening. Stop introducing new versions every year and stop acquiring all your competition you are afraid of and fix what you got. Remeber people, AutoDesk did not even know what BIM was till it bought out Revit
NOW FIX IMPRESSION.
Message 22 of 122
chris_user

Hi Users,
i have a workaround, so you can work with Impression and Windows 7 (32 and 64 Bit)!

You have to delete the following file before!!! you open impression:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Impression\3.0\enu\Defaults.xml

Sometimes you have to delete the file Startup.cache (same directory) too!

The defaults.xml file will be replaced every time when you open a new file, so you have to delete it everytime ...

I hope Autodesk will analyse this xml file and will bring some fix (if they read this discussion ... ).
Message 23 of 122
KPSWD

Chris -

Genius! that works here too.

I am going to contact Subscription Support and point them to your post.

Thank you so much for sharing this with the newsgroup.

Keith
Message 24 of 122
Anonymous

Same here.

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Chris
-

Genius! that works here too.

I am going to contact
Subscription Support and point them to your post.

Thank you so much for
sharing this with the newsgroup.

Keith
Message 25 of 122
lisianthus88

Hi,

May I ask what do you mean by "You have to delete the following file before!!! you open impression:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Impression\3.0\enu\Defaults.xml"

Attached is the printscreen of what's happening.... window7..... trying to install but can't!

NEED HELP BADLY!!!!!!

Been trying autocad 2009 / 2007 but just give me the same error message.

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you in advance!!!
Message 26 of 122
lisianthus88

Hi Uses,

Kindly check the attached file, I saw it under [ http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Photos_Graphics/CAD_Architecture/AutoCAD/Q_24883266.html

Was wodering how it works? Tried downloading but nothing happens..... =(

NEED HELP BADLY

Message 27 of 122
chris_user

Hi lisianthus,

you (autocad) have some other problem! Nothing with impression! So you are wrong in this thread.

But I think your problem is the wrong autocad version (32 Bit oder 64 Bit). Do you know something about your windows 7? Is it 32 Bit or 64 Bit? This is really important!

chris
Message 28 of 122
ajewett

I thought I would let everyone know that it seems autodesk has a beta hotfix out for impressions 3 that so far has worked for me. If anyone is interested I'm sure it would be worth trying. I can print save and import in impressions 3 with windows 7. Thanks Autodesk!!!
Message 29 of 122
subpartner

Could you tell me where I could find this servicepack? I couldn´t find it into the sup-center...

chris
Message 30 of 122
panzaph

Yes, please give us some more info on this beta hotfix. Where can we download it from?
Message 31 of 122
crounsl

You can also fill out this survey at: http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/4580g4307b so that Autodesk can better understand how Impression is currently being used.

Thanks.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 32 of 122
monksanand

Hi GSARCH!
Please direct us to the hotfix as i dont think one is avaliable yet.
Message 33 of 122
ajewett

If you could give me your email address I can pass it along to the person in charge of the hotfix and get you a copy of the beta hotfix. This would require that you test it and report back to see if there are any problems.
Message 34 of 122
mahlee1

Here is my email address you can pass along to the person in charge of the hot fix. Thanks
Message 35 of 122
chris_user

And here is another one, please send it to me: schnuckelffm@yahoo.de Edited by: chris_user on Feb 22, 2010 7:16 PM
Message 36 of 122
ausmar

We are having the same issues as above and have been using the work around to let us do the sketches but it's a pain in the bum not being able to save them. Could you please pass my email on daryl.carter@ausmarhomes.com.au for the hotfix aswell. We are dying to have full use of this program again. No problems at all to report back to get this working for everyone.
Message 37 of 122
monksanand

monksanand@yahoo.com is my email id....sure will definately get in touch incase its effective or still vunerable.
Message 38 of 122
ausmar

Thankyou GSARCH for passing my info on. I received a copy of the hotfix this-morning and all works perfectly now. If anyone else would like to help with the Beta, please send your email address to GSARCH to help things along. It seems that Autodesk is very keen to get this on the right path. Thanks again buddy.
Message 39 of 122
mackuswelby

gsarch, would you please send the file my way as well...thanks

rob@mckelveyarchitecture.com

rob
Message 40 of 122

Can you send it to me as well

mgibson@napperarchitects.co.uk

Cheers

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report