Impression

Valued Contributor
KPSWD
Message 1 of 1 (227 Views)

Cannot SaveAs PSD ... too large

227 Views, 0 Replies
10-04-2009 12:18 PM
I have developed a good workflow from Autocad 2010 to Impression 3 with finishing touches in Photoshop. I need to save my Impression files as PSD maintaining layers - I can live without Antialiasing. Most of the time I am producing A1 sheets, and recently I find I am unable to save the file because it is apparently too big to process - that is with antialiasing turned off. The bitmaps are about 3500x5000 (that is A1@150dpi).
I have a reasonably powerful workstation, with a fast processor and Quadro FX3500 graphics. The SaveAs PSD process gets to 90% in just a 3 or 4 minutes, and then bails with the error message. I have monitored CPU and memory levels and neither seem overly taxed. It is really frustrating.
Is there any way to increase the capacity of Impression 3 to deal with larger files? The only method I can use is to SaveAs several times, each time with a subset of layers, and then recombine in Photoshop. Edited by: KeithPocock7524 on Oct 4, 2009 7:23 PM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.