Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get fill to work

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
330 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get fill to work

My office is trying out Impression. We currently use M-Color for our coloring system, so I'm trying to see how Impressions compares.

I've imported a CAD Layout and whenever I try to use the FILL command (H), it won't do anything (ie. when the cursor moves across the dwg, the areas don't shade grey indicating the area that would be filled.
It seems that I can only add a style to the lines in the dwg, but the areas won't fill.

What am I doing wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ShanaProd
in reply to: Anonymous

It may be that the areas you're mousing over, with the fill tool selected, aren't turning grey for filling because they're not closed... try either importing a version of the DWG with closed areas, or increase the gap tolerance in the Area Fill settings.

thanks,
Shana
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I figured it out. I think...

If the paperspace layout doesn't sit on the paper size outline for printing in autocad, then it imports into Impression with the CAD linework not on the "paper" and therefore it won't add fill. At least that is what I've come up with.

I hope that makes sense...

If I'm not gonna plot out an A0 sheet, then I'll have to figure out how to get the layout to match the paper in paperspace. Or print a dummy PDF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report