Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks and Styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbd63
2146 Views, 4 Replies

Blocks and Styles

Each block that came in from the DWG import seems to have been assigned an arbitrary numerically-named style. I don't see how I can assign a different style to a block. If I have ten furniture blocks, I want them all to take on the look of Style XYZ, rather than each block carrying Style 21, Style 22, Style 23, etc, which is the default. How do I do this?

And how do I get objects that make up blocks to inherit their style from the layer that they're inserted on? The Help tells me that this should happen by default if the objects that make up the block were drawn on Layer 0 in the AutoCAD file. My blocks are all comprised of Layer 0 linework, but they are not getting their style ByLayer.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Todd Hunter
in reply to: dbd63

Hi Dan,

Did you Open the DWG or Import?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Dan - you can modify the style assigned to a block by selecting the block name in the Styles palette (under Block styles), select the style you want to change, and modify it from there.

for the blocks on layer 0 not coming in with the right style, are they nested blocks? if so, that's not yet working. If not, could you send me the file?

thanks,
shana
shana.priwer@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5
stikfish

Dan,

As far as I can tell there is no way to assign certain styles to blocks as you open DWG files. I feel that this is an area that needs improvement in functionality. I realize the fliexibility of having each block have it's own style assigned to it, but there should be some control of block style when you open a DWG file.

To make matters worse, there is no way to select multiple block styles after the DWG import if you wanted to globally change them all.

On top of this, I have yet to figure out a way to modify the list of styles availble to choose from during the "import" process.

Perhaps it is my workflow process, but I find this issue the most frustrating part of the program.
Message 5 of 5
doug
in reply to: stikfish

Any tips on solving this 6 year old issue. If it weren't for this one flaw, this program would be ideal but it takes hours to open every block to tweak the default line styles assigned to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report