Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t spine to solid

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
grantpoadhindle
673 Views, 7 Replies

t spine to solid

hello ,

I have created a t spine pipe and modified it to fit the solid part..... I cant change the t spline to a solid with the convert command . it changes to a hollow solid .

I need it all to be solid to convert to a iges file for rapid prototyping.

any help much appreciated....Grant

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Phil.E
in reply to: grantpoadhindle

If you want the pipe to have a wall thickness, use the command Modify > Thicken. You will have the choice of what thickness and edge treatment to use.

If you want the pipe to be a solid filled bar, you need to do more work on the surface body that is created when you finish the pipe.

1. Convert the pipe
  2. Go to Patch workspace
  3. Use Patch command to cap the ends of the converted pipe
  4. Use Stitch to connect the end caps to the pipe
  5. The result should be a solid bar

Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
grantpoadhindle
in reply to: Phil.E

Big Thanks Phil !

got it .....eventually

Grant

Message 4 of 8
grantpoadhindle
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi Phil ,

my patch workspace has disapeared...any ideas ?

Thanks Grant

Message 5 of 8

Hi Grant,

The Patch workspace is currently not available in History Mode.  We are aware of the need to have the Patch Workspace within History Mode.

Please give a Kudo to Claas for putting this into the Idea Station.  "Patch needed in History Mode"

You can select the settings icon in the lower right corner to get out of History Mode.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 6 of 8

Thanks Andy...sorted now....Grant

Message 7 of 8

Hello again ,

after several weeks I am doing a similar project......could you advise the best way to join the 2 T spline sections......I am using match ..but seem to be gettin a bit of twist.. please see pdf .....

many thanks Grant

Message 8 of 8
deyop
in reply to: grantpoadhindle

I am not enthusiastic on Match for this connection.  It should work better but I just don't think you can expect good results.  I thought you might want to try converting the T-Spline and do a loft to join them.  Sharp corners to smooth is a challenge to get a nice transition.  You may want to consider adding fillets to the lower part. 

LoftWithConversions.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report