Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe threads - NPT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nkloski
618 Views, 2 Replies

pipe threads - NPT

Hi...I am trying to add threads to a pipe.  I have a pipe that is .5 inch in diameter, and I need to add a .5 MIP (male iron pipe) thread to it.  Essentially, the MIP standard is the same as the National Pipe Thread standard....but I do not see those options in the Model->Add thread selection box....I am looking for fields as found in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_pipe_thread

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herzinj
in reply to: nkloski

Hi nkloski,

I am no pipe expert, so I wanted to follow up with some more details.  Since I am unfamiliar with the NPT standards I was under the impression that they were guided by ANSI which is one of the options in the thread tool.  Are these not the same?  If not, I think this could be an excellent topic for the IdeaStation to implement further options when working with threads.  Let me know your thoughts and what you have found when using the tool, and feel free to post to the IdeaStation with the standards you would like to see added.

- James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 3
mcnurlin
in reply to: herzinj

James,

NPT pipe threads are different than the ANSI you have in the table. The standard dictating NPT threads is ASME B1.20.1‎

Randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report