Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patch environment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andycoser
605 Views, 4 Replies

patch environment

Hello my name is Andrea, trying to work in patch mode, I can't see all surface tools.

I can only see: loft, patch, pattern, mirror, thicken and boundary fill.......all the other surface tools does not appears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards

Andrea

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
patrick.miller
in reply to: andycoser

Hey Andrea,

It sounds like you are in a parametric design (there is a timeline running along the bottom of the screen). Not all Patch commands are supported in a parametric design (yet).

To get to the other Patch commands, click Create > Create Base Feature. This puts you in a direct edit mode where history is not captured. When you are done, click Finish Form to return to history tracking.

If you don't want to track history of your operations at all, you can right-click the top node in the browser then select "Do not capture Design History". This turns off history and the timeline for the active design.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 5
andycoser
in reply to: patrick.miller

Hey Patrick, thank you!

Turned off the hystory and appeared all the feature in surfacing workspace...magically!

Can you explain me the difference between the direct editing and the parametric mode please?

It's the first time that I'm trying fusion 360.....and I find it really good....It's fantastic to find very diffrent modes like organic modeling and standard solid or surface modeling in the same enviroment!

Andrea

Message 4 of 5
patrick.miller
in reply to: andycoser

Glad to hear you are enjoying learning Fusion and having success. Here's the quick answer to history/parametric compared to direct.

History gives you two things: 

- Timeline at the bottom that tracks all operations you've done. If you edit an operation, the timeline rolls back. When you complete the edit, the features after it in the timeline are re-calculated with the changes. 

- Parameters. Parameters give you the ability to create equations between dimensions. So if you want your height to be twice your width, you can build an equation and that relationship is maintained. Go to Modify > Change Parameters to see the parameters in your design.

Direct edit (no timeline) does not track history or parameters. This can make it easier to make quick changes. Direct edit works well with imported designs or in cases where you do not need to maintain relationships between features in a design.

More info here: 

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/resources/akn/view/NINVFUS/ENU/?guid=GUID-856A6ECE-D4D9-4FBA-B8C6-3F11...

Hope this makes sense. It's not easy to explain in a few sentences.

Patrick

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 5
andycoser
in reply to: patrick.miller

Thanks for the explanation Patrick!.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report