Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import stuck in progress

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
big_red_frog
1712 Views, 11 Replies

import stuck in progress

Hi There,

I was attempting to import a massive step file that I really should not of tried.

It is now stuck in about 60%, and has been for 3 days, during which time I have variously had fusion open.

I want to abandon this import, but see no way to do it.

I have other imports to execute, but they queue up behind with "Import-Waiting"

How do I cancel / abandon the "bad" import?

importStuck.PNG

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
big_red_frog
in reply to: big_red_frog

It looks like this import which no longer progresses ( original step file was 500 Meg! ) may be blocking other cloud functionality as well.

I can see my internet UL stays running at max rate throughout a session, and on attempting to close the package it is waiting forever.

I do not yet know if this blocks updates to models that were being edited, or if they get prioritised.

network.PNG

Message 3 of 12
garin

Let me send this to our cloud folks and see what's up. I am sure we can hear back from them in the morning.
Message 4 of 12
garin
in reply to: garin

I sent you a direct message with what I think is a solution to your issue. Try it out and let me know if its works for you.

Message 5 of 12
CCIT_MPn
in reply to: garin

Hi, I got exactly the same issue.

Tried to open a massive .ipt file (500Mb), and now it's stuck.

How to abort the import ?

Message 6 of 12
AndrewSears
in reply to: CCIT_MPn

All,

I always hear from customers about the desire to have a cancel option for various functions such as importing files when you don't know the filesize or after creating patterns when you accidentally added another zero to the quantity.

This was posted in the idea station.  Assembly Import enhancements - file size calculator and cancel command (Thanks Nate!)

If this is what you are looking for give it a kudo.  If you need to expand on this add a comment with the functionality you are looking for.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 7 of 12
garin
in reply to: CCIT_MPn

I sent you a private message that should help out, let me know if this helps.

Message 8 of 12

I have a same problem. It's a 600KB STEP file.

Kudo sent...

Message 9 of 12
big_red_frog

Message 10 of 12
big_red_frog

The solution for me was to uninstall completely including any temporary file areas. Nothing else would resolve.

As much as this sounds atomic it was relatively quick and painless, and the cloud nature meant otherwise I lost nothing.

As much as a cancel is a good missing feature, having a non recoverable, functionally blocking, upload scenario should be considered a nasty bug, so hopefully can be addressed outside of "feature priority"
Message 11 of 12
garin

Sorry for the pain of clearing this out. Glad you got it working although not an easy solution. You will probably be happy to know that our next update should include a job progress indicator with the ability to cancel any job/s you no longer want. 

Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 8.51.51 AM.png

Message 12 of 12

Thanks! The uninstall (with temporary files) is solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report