Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can open design

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rishivadher
1229 Views, 8 Replies

can open design

hi I can't open a design in "Fusion360" mode, have to open the model in "SIM360" mode to make changes is the design.

here is a printscreen to give a picture. Is something I'm going that can be done better?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
NicolasXu
in reply to: rishivadher

Hi rishivadher,

It seems the file is newly imported. Do you see the problem on other imported designs or just this one? How about the created designs?

You may try log-out and log-in back to see if it brings any difference.  If this problem persists on your side, would it be possible to be invited into your project so I can take a close look at what's happening?

lixiong.xu(AT)autodesk.com

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
rishivadher
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicolas Xu

It was when I imported it seems to open in simulation, and tried on creating a new and worked fine.

But after open it it only has got the model, doesn’t have sculpt out surfaces active. I’ve post a image just to see, and also invited you to the project.

Other question, is there a way to change the language, the Fusion is Portuguese and I would like to be in English.

Thanks for the support

Message 4 of 9
NicolasXu

Hi rishivadher,

Thanks for inviting me to your project.

For the question of Sculpt and Patch workspace, it’s a new interface introduced in Fusion 360 v2.0.10.43. If you select Create Form from the Create menu, you will see the Sculpt workspace. And Patch workspace is available after selecting Create Base Feature from the Create menu.

(You may check the Release Notes for more enhancements in this release.)

I also took a look the design file in your project, and I can see the ‘Open Design’ command entry for the file shown in your screenshot. Because you also mentioned the language issue, I’m thinking there might be something wrong with the settings.

You may try removing the cache and option file to see if works, but a more thorough way could be a clean uninstall-reinstall.

- Cache Location: “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services”

- Option file (some customization might be lost if deleting this file):  “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Neutron Platform\Options\NMachineSpecificOptions.xml"

- For clean uninstall, please refer to the Read Me page – at the bottom of this thread.

Meanwhile, I’d like to investigate the language issue. Did you once install the previous Beta build which released in last Dec? Did you once change the language setting in Fusion 360? Also, which version of OS are you running, and the OS language?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
rishivadher
in reply to: NicolasXu

Message 6 of 9
rishivadher

yes have instaled the previous beta, on a Win8 i7, the IOS language is Portuguese, but in the last version, had in English

Message 7 of 9
rishivadher

the languge change the IOS language and reboot, and reinstall the Fusion 360 after that the comand-s are in English, solve the thing is the keyboard is is english Smiley Indifferent, and its like progaming is works

Message 8 of 9
NicolasXu

Hi rishivadher,

Thanks for the information and it’s glad to know Fusion is OK now. I will forward the case to development team to see if there is any potential issue.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please feel free to let us know if you get any questions or comments for the product.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
rishivadher

The languague has changed to default that is the PT, is a tempory solucion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report