Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hell has happened to this software?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
fpessolano
406 Views, 7 Replies

What the hell has happened to this software?

I have not used it for a couple of months and now I decided to make a simple box for one of my hobby toys and I am still fighting like never before with fusion. so after the the update ...

The tool crashes easily. For example 4 times out of 6 I used the offset function in sketch ... dead. 

But worse than anything ...  every few minutes the tool simply deletes all bodies and elements and I am left with only sketches. This is not acceptable. I lost two hours fighting these tool to make a simple box. 

Honestly from being a great tool with some bugs and my natural choice for once we transition to commercial work, to probably one of the least reliable.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cekuhnen
in reply to: fpessolano

Sounds like some bugs you have there.

The software still suffers from many crashes and open write delays which can go into minutes.

Not to defend Autodesk but software development is a pretty stressful and complicated matter.

I pesonally still see this software as beta and not being finale.

Like many tools are missing for me to replace Alias/Rhino with it.

Seeing it from that perspective it doesnt look all to bad - it just will take some time to mature

and I think in the past updates they made great progress.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 3 of 8
schneik-adsk

Your problems sound very unusual! Obviously something is not right. Can you share a little more about what is happening? Can we have one of our team get in touch to try and help?
Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 8
keqingsong
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Yes, some more info would be good here. I have a couple of questions to get you started: 

Are you using Inventor Fusion for Mac or Fusion 360? 

Are you are version 2.0.1082? (to check, go to the help button drop down and select About)

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 8
fpessolano

ADMIN: Please delete this thread. I was sure I did already before anybody could reply, but it looks still alive and kicking and I cannot find the delete option any longer.

Message 6 of 8
keqingsong

Does that mean you already got the solution/answer you're looking for?

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 7 of 8
fpessolano
in reply to: keqingsong

no, but form now on i will add all info on the report submitted with the crash instead of killing the report window (resulting in no report sent). This shoudl help you guys sort everything out.

Message 8 of 8
keqingsong

Gotcha, that would help us out a lot.

Also, there's a whole team here that is able to help you troubleshoot as well. What you described early on in this thread doesn't sound like typical buggy behavior, so if you can provide us info, we'll be able to help you out even quicker. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report