Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: Getting Started with Fusion 360

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
298 Views, 1 Reply

Video: Getting Started with Fusion 360

First let me say that I love that you have lots of videos to help noobs get started.

I'm brand new to Fusion 360 so naturally I started watching Getting Started with Fusion 360. Near the beginning, after creating the base cilinder the narrator says, "You'll notice I have operations in the timeline". Without any background this doesn't tell me anything. Next he says, "I'm going to create the arm next and I don't want to recorde those operations". Again, no context for a beginning video. I don't know what operations are, why they were being recorded for the "base" but not for the "arm". My flaw is that I have a hard time hearing anything after something I don't understand.

I'm sure I'll learn in a later video what "operations" are. I have some guesses, but I'd rather be told than spend my time speculating.

This is mostly in the hope that my comment will help improve future training videos.

Best regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I ansered my own question. That video wasn't ment to be the first one a beginner should see. Maybe it would be better not to feature it on the top level help page. I found the User Interface Overview much better sutied at least, for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report