Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutti Fruiti colors everywhere + unstable

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
611 Views, 9 Replies

Tutti Fruiti colors everywhere + unstable

I'm sorry to sound whiny, but I am very frustrated. It seems that with each new release a whole crop of production-halting issues appear. Do these releases get tested before distribution? Not only are my models being displayed in psychedelic colors which makes them very challenging to read, but Fusion is crashing repeatedly, often on the first attempt to execute a command. Can I revert to the previous version until the issues are resolved?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bespenship
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you describe with the new release.  For the colors issue, does it look anything like the experience described in this thread (New version, problem with displaying model - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Help-and-Support/New-version-problem-with-displaying-model/td-p/504712... ?  If so, we are actively working on that, and yes, we definately test the software.  Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated as we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

For the instability (crashing) - our internal testing showed that we have made significant improvement this release, and we are continuing to fix crash issues as our highest priority.  Can you please contact me at brent DOT espenship AT autodesk DOT com - I would really like to see what you're hitting that is giving you so much trouble, and work with you to get thos issues fixed.  We fixed every crash issue we could isolate this release, and it troubles me that your experience is different.

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 3 of 10
keqingsong
in reply to: bespenship

You have color cycle turned on...refer to this post for the solution, let me know if it solves it. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Help-and-Support/Heeeeelp/td-p/5048268

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 10
adamsd
in reply to: keqingsong

I have the same problem.  It's not color cycle.

For me it only occurs in shaded view.  It's made up of black, white, red, green and blue solid -color patterns.  The structure of the patterns is related to the environment setting.

The patterns change as the object is rotated, but are stable when it's stationary.

If Fusion would go just a little longer between crashes, I might be able to provide more info.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hi,

I tried toggling the color cycle (whatever that is) and it immediately crashed Fusion. I restarted and toggled it again. It had no effect other than to intensify the colors.

Greg

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Again,

I also attempted to "remove appearance override" but I am not working in parametric mode and the command is not available. In my current work I need to reproduce components and make them independent so I can modify certain elements. Otherwise it takes way too long to redraw. I'm not a sophisticated enough user to know all the nuances of how to perform all the tasks and there doesn't seem to be any documentation from which to learn other than the videos, which are very useful by the way.

Greg

Message 7 of 10
keqingsong

Bare with me as I try to get clarity on exactly what you're experiencing. I'm seeing 2 issues here: 

1. weird graphics that is causing Fusion to crash.

2. can't perform appearance override in history mode. 

Regarding 1: This is an issue that has to do with Fusion 360 eating up an unusual amount of GPU memory. We are making fixes to this right away, and will be pushing an update very soon. 

Regarding 2: I suspect the reason why you're not seeing the appearance overide option is because you have materials applied to specific surfaces and not the bodies themselves. When you have materials on surfaces, the option will not appear when you right click on a body in the browser. To change the material, right click and and access your appearance options. Pick the material you want and drag and drop the surface. When you do it, you'll be asked if you'd like to replace the existing material with the new one. For your reference, here is a video on how to apply materials. Let me know if this helps. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 10
cekuhnen

This openGL artifact for me only shows when I use a different env for the background shading.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cekuhnen

The only way I have found to avoid the psychedlic colors is to try to work in wireframe view. Any of the environments that incorporate shading results in the colors. Also, for what it's worth, I notice that the effect of manipulating the view via panning, rotation, etc. is cumulative. That is, after a few rotate, zoom moves the program crashes.

Message 10 of 10
bespenship

Hi all,

We have deployed a fix to address visual issues on MacOS in the graphics area that make a design very difficult or impossible to work with visually.  Recent improvements to support rendering and materials place a higher load on the graphics subsystem, and customers are encountering the issue as a result.  The next time you launch Fusion, you will receive a small update that addresses this issue.

This update is our first Fusion point (economical) update, which has been enabled by recent changes in our product streamer (installer).  The change allows an update the download and update a portion of the complete install / streamer package.  The result is that the update should be significantly faster than a full download and installation.

As always, we would appreciate your feedback on both the fix and update process.

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report